Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 2009

The holiday's have come and gone, and we are now standing at the beginning of the unknown. What will this year bring? Hopefully a new job for Bart. He will be working at our church for at least the next 3 months, then...??? Abbi will begin walking and talking and becoming a little person with her own opinions and desires. Addison will continue growing and challeneging us. He will begin to have friends over to play at his request, participate in orginized sports, and perhaps begin music lessons. Our country is also in transition, and we are praying that God will grant our next president wisdom, that he will sorround himself with Godly people who will help him lead this nation.
It is always scary looking into the unknown, but I don't think that is what God intended us to do or feel. I think he really wants us to live in the present. So I have been asking myself, what can I do today, for my family, kids, husband, for myself, for my country, for my friends, for my church, for those I don't know who are in need. What can I do today to honor God with my life. This is the idea I would like to carry with me for 2009. I know that God will take care of the future, that is not to say that we should not plan ahead, but it does give me comfort and help me to realize I don't have to worry about it. I also can not worry about the past, I can not change what has already happened. I can choose to live today for God, in a way that is pleasing to him.
I have other resolutions that I will not share at this time, but I think that if I am successful and continue striving after this idea, the other resolutions will happen, and without much extra effort.
OK, enough seriousness, here is the fun stuff. Pictures from Christmas, and our trip to Seattle.

Here is Christmas morning in Montana.





Christmas with the Nygard Clan










The Carnes Family Cousins



And a trip to the zoo



Happy New Year! May you be richly blessed, and live today for His glory.

1 comment:

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

Thanks for this post Kris. It is so true - so easy to think in the future . . . especially when big things are coming up. So thanks for the reminder. Those pictures are great!!! I will have to get some from you. The one of sean in the kitchen with Abbi is hilarious - it doesn't even look like him.